Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kindle Cover


Part of wellness for me is my need to express creativity...

I recently got a Kindle e-reader. The Kindle covers I saw online were not very interesting and seemed expensive, so I decided to make my own.

I had been at my local library book sale (Mill Valley Library Book Sale) and picked up some old books for $.25 a piece. I happened to have one that was the perfect size for my Kindle.


Next, I took a single-edged razor blade and cut out the pages.
this book was dedicated to someone who knew Greek!

this book was published in 1958, 
so the binding tape was old

book lays flat with pages gone


select some type of padding, like bubble wrap,
 or thin foam


I selected a small piece of fabric from my stash, covered the padding and glue-gunned it in.  Then I found some gold tape and glued that in position to hold the Kindle.
_____________________________________________________________________________

* My Kindle is protected in two ways: the actual screen is protected and the Kindle is 'hidden' in a book!  


Thought for the Day from Abraham Hicks: "When you reach for the thought that feels better, the Universe is now responding differently to you because of that effort. And so, the things that follow you get better and better, too. So it gets easier to reach for the thought that feels better, because you are on ever-increasing, improving platforms that feel better."
--- Abraham
Excerpted from the workshop in San Francisco, CA on Saturday, March 11th, 2000


No comments: